Saturday, June 30, 2012

We'll just call this Part 2

Pictures of my girl taken from her grandpa on July 2nd 2012. Instead of starting a new post, I thought I'd just add it to this one. :)


This is sort of a continuation of my last blog. I haven't wrote anything in a year, so naturally I have more to say and didn't want to put it all in one entry.

I noticed in my last post that I said Madison doesn't like to feed herself. Well, that's not the case now. She (most of the time) refuses to let us feed her! She does fairly well with a spoon, but could use more practice. Truthfully I think I hold her back in some ways because of my obsession with keeping her clean. How terrible is that? She gets messy enough eating with her hands, but a spoon? She likes to fling food with it and I've found food a good 5 feet from her tray because of this. Speaking of holding her back, I've been withholding on teaching her to drink with a straw because in my mind, she just "wasn't ready". She proved me completely wrong the other day when she learned how in about 2 minutes. Bad, bad mommy.

I've been working on her walking a bit more lately because I've set this goal for her to walk by her birthday which is two weeks away. She's SO close, but is terrified of falling. Just like her sitting up, she's very cautious and doesn't like taking risks. She can stand independently, but once she realizes that no one is holding her, down on her butt she goes. There are times that I catch her standing by the television holding onto nothing for 5 minutes at a time. But as soon as I praise her for it, she loses balance. She's also "walking" with her little push toys. Her car, her wooden walker, pretty much anything on wheels. I'm so proud of her progress and think she's a super hero, but man do I wish she'd master this in two weeks. I don't know why it's so important to me. I know that when the time passes and she's still not doing it that I'll just set the next goal and not get bothered by it. I guess it's just because I know she can if she'd just believe she can too. She's going to get there, and I'm proud of her for it. Whether it be tomorrow or 5 years from now.

Another thing I want to discuss is her speech. I really do believe she's saying more than we realize. When I give her kisses or a hug, or her sippy she'll say "thank you", but in her own way. It's very hard to make out. You may be asking yourself how I know it's a "thank you", and it's because she has this play kitchen that sings songs and at the end of one of the songs it says "thank you!" and each time, she says it back. The same thing, over and over. I wish I had a recording of it. It sounds sort of like "tank uh". Adorable? Yes. And this is the same thing she says to us after the things I've listed above. It's the same with a app on my phone that she plays. At the end it says "goodnight!" and she says it back to the game each time. I wish I could make out the words a little more, but I believe with time they'll get more clear. I feel a little guilty that I'm her mother and that I have a hard time understanding her attempt at communicating.

I'm sorry. These past few posts are all over the place... but so is my brain, so I guess that fits. ;)

No pictures this post, just wanted to go into a little more detail on my darling girl. I can't wait to update with pictures from her party as well as pictures on my crafts blog. Speaking of, you should follow it! You can find the link at the top of this blog on the left.

Enough is enough. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment