Sunday, October 3, 2010

First Installment of "Maddy's Firsts"

The most heartwarming thing happened a few minutes ago. Madison kept turning on her side in an attempt to flip over, so me and Mike decided to give her a little help. When she started to turn over, she laughed. And I don't just mean baby giggles... she LAUGHED. Her excitement took over and she just got overwhelmingly happy that she was actually flipping onto her belly. It was by far the best thing that has hit my ears in a long time. She has been giggling for a while now, but nothing like that. This was pure excitement. She also found it hysterical that she was looking at me upside down. We got a good 5 minutes of solid laughing from our little misses. I wish I could have gotten it on video, but I was afraid if I got up she'd quit being so giddy. Next time, I hope!

Another thing she started doing since yesterday is grab her fingers. She holds both hands out in front of her and tries feeling the fingers on the opposite hand. Doesn't sound like much, but it's adorable to watch. The look on her face is full of wonder when she's exploring new things. It's so sweet to watch.

I'm so excited for Halloween this month. Perhaps my next installment of  "Maddy's Firsts" will be her trick or treating experience. She may not be able to eat the candy, but I'm pretty sure her brother won't mind helping her out. I think I'm more excited than him about this time of year. Bring on the pumpkins. Speaking of pumpkins, they need to start selling pumpkin spice eggnog in stores already!



4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Isn't it great to watch them explore the world? Puts a little lump in your throat.

    Have you decided what the kids are dressing as? I've got an idea in my mind for Alex but it will take a bit of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Kalen wants to be Spiderman, and Madison is going to be a princess. We live in Florida, so it's so hot and humid here... even by the end of October. I wanted to make sure she had something really light weight so she won't get overheated, so I got her a light weight tutu to wear with a onsie and a little wand. It'll do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh too cute! I grew up in Jax, & we're in central FL now, so understand the heat/humidity thing. Alex was born in Oct., so was a ghost his first Halloween (he was only 5 lbs so we had to use a chihuahua Halloween outfit!)

    I'll bet that princess outfit will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in/grew up in Jax as well! My son was born October 7th. I call him my little Fall baby. :)

    A ghost, awww. I bet that was adorable!

    ReplyDelete